Maia Brodie, co-founder, has focused exclusively on domestic relations since 1997. Maia specializes in divorce, child custody, paternity, modifications, enforcement and enforcement defense, property division, child support, spousal support and relocation and has experience arguing cases in front of the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Missouri.
She is a member of the American Bar Association, the Missouri Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the St. Louis County Bar Association and the Lawyer’s Association.
Maia is also frequent lecturer and author in the area of family law. She is also a past president of the St. Louis County Bar Association (2003), and is a recipient of the Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year Award (1998) and Volunteer Lawyer Award from Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (1999). Since 1999 Maia has also held the position of Special Representative of Region X of the Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel and is a frequent lecturer in the area of legal ethics.
She graduated from the University of Michigan in 1985, received her J.D. from Washington University in 1988, and is currently licensed to practice in Missouri and Illinois. Maia has worked in private practice since receiving her J.D. and has been a partner at Keefe & Brodie since 1997.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Enforcement and Enforcement Defense
- Property Division
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Illinois, 1989
- Missouri, 1988
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
J.D. – 1988
- University of Michigan – 1985
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year Award, 1998
- Volunteer Lawyer Award from Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Missouri Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Member
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Member
- Lawyer's Association, Member
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Past President, 2003 to 2003